Monday, December 26, 2011

December 25th to December 31st

Sunday
Easy Run 10.5 miles. Bumbed into two of the Runnin' Ricardis on the MSU campus. Forgot to do general mobility when I was out, so I did the dynamic circuit after getting back home. (10/10)

Monday
Fartlek workout consisting of 5 sets of 3 min on, 2 min off, 2 min on, 1 min off, 1 min on, 30 sec off. I did this workout on the 2 mile square on campus. For a warmup, I did a two mile warm up, hurdle mobility, full hurdle skips, single leg pogo jumps, and strides. The workout wasn't as bad as last week, but it still wasn't what it needs to be. The first VO2 Max workout on the track is going to be rough and a shock based on how these last couple fartlek workouts have gone. (12.5/22.5)

Tuesday
Morning easy run of 5.5 miles. Was really tired and my legs felt beat up. Hopefully will feel better in the afternoon. If not, I may need to take another easy day and not do the tempo tomorrow. In the afternoon, I ran about 7 miles. I felt much better than in the morning. (12.5/35)

Wednesday
I started the tempo in the morning at about 8am. It was cold, but not terrible. I started the tempo and felt pretty average. I wasn't hitting the times and started to get frustrated. After about two miles of tempo, I decided to call it a workout. Starting to get a little bored doing all the runs myself. Sometimes I think this stuff is supposed to feel easier than it is, but it is a grind everyday and I just have to be ready for it. (7/42)

Thursday
Short easy run in the morning. In the afternoon, I went for an easy run with the legendary MIKE FEIST! We swapped manly stories and such and checked out the new track and field stands and press box. (11/53)

Friday
In the morning, I did 10 times 30 second hill runs. I did a short warmup, so the first couple were not too fast. In the afternoon, I did about 6.5 miles of tempo. The tempo included a 3 mile and then 3 times 1 mile tempos. Quality day between the hill runs and a little over 6 miles of tempo. I went with the tempo today in order to make up for Wednesday's poor workout. Also, it is supposed to snow tonight, so I probably won't have solid footing tomorrow.(15.5/68.5)

Saturday
Long run 16.5 miles. Ran around town and then out to East Gallatin and around. It was so slippery when I started. It snowed 4 inches or so. Where it had been plowed/shoveled was the worst because it had rained before it snowed and there was a layer of ice. I ended up running a lot of the run on the snowy trails because the footing was better.  (16.5/85)

Weekly Summary
85 miles in 10 runs. Gonna try and get on the track and get in a workout or two with the MSU team next week to break the monotony of doing all the workouts by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment