Monday, October 31, 2011

October 30th to November 5th

Sunday
Long run up Sourdough Canyon with MSU XC team. Went all the way to Mystic Lake on an out and back of the single track trail. I actually felt good on the long run after really feeling poor the last two long runs. The fam and I drove down to and around Yellowstone after the long run. Rowan did great on the car trip and slept quite a bit. We really only had to stop for Rowan once in the 5 to 6 hour trip. After getting home, I was excited to watch the Eagles-Cowboys game. However, for some reason, NBC was the only station that was completely out. Oh well, at least the Eagles won. (16/16)

Monday
Easy run of 7 miles in the morning and 6 miles in the evening. Sierra made really good soup. It was a Yam soup, but tasted like a really good squash soup. (13/29)

Tuesday
Workout in the morning started at about 8:20. I was late getting out the door and needed to be back to grab Rowan at about 9:30, so this workout was seriously rushed. I did a short warm up jog and then went into a little hill workout. I did 3 * 100 meter hill sprints, 3 * 200 meter hill sprints, and 3* 300 meter hill runs. I was in such a hurry that I cut down the time way too much. I was pretty gassed by the time I got to the 300 meter hill runs. For recovery, I just jogged back to the bottom of the hill to start the next. My times for the hills were about 15 seconds for the 100s, 33 or 34 for the 200s, and the 300s were pretty slow 55, 58, and 60. After the hills, I intended to to a progressive tempo, but it ended up being pretty slow and I never picked it up as much as I wanted. The tempo or rather the slower than tempo portion had a duration of 33 minutes. I was late getting back to the house, but Sierra wasn't too upset with me. In the evening, I ran an easy 4.5 miles. (15/44)

Wednesday
Easy run 9 miles in the afternoon. Earlier in the day, Rowan and I mowed the lawn together. It was fun, but it messed up my back a little bit having him in the baby bjorn. I was just moving, pulling, pushing, lifting a litttle differently than usual. My back isn't too bad, just a little uncomfortable. (9/53)

Thursday
Tempo work at 8am with Carl, Pat, and Dan. My back was pretty tight and sore and I was not feeling great. I am glad and fortunate to have these three gentlemen to do the workout with. They were all not looking forward to the workout, but still got after it. We ran tempo miles with 60 seconds rest between. I did 6 and my times were about 5:20, 5:20, 5:10, 5:00, 5:20, and 5:00. It was pretty cold out, a little under 30 degrees. This course that we ran always seems to be slow, so I actually think our times were good, even if they don't seem fast. (10/63)

Friday
Short easy run of 4 miles in the morning and easy run of 8 miles in the afternoon. My back is still pretty sore, but better than yesterday. (12/75)

Saturday
Workout in the morning with Grant, Pat, and Dan. We had our first snow of the year today. There was 1 to 2 inches of snow on the ground when we started and it continued to slowly snow for the entire workout. Dan and I did 16 times 2 minutes on and 1 minute off. The footing was ok, but not great. My back was ok, but still a little uncomfortable. This was another 'get through' workout similar to Thursday. Hopefully, my back will loosen up and I will really get back after it. I was lucky to have these three guys to run with today. With the snow, my sore back, and generally feeling sluggish, I may not have gotten much of a workout in today. After the workout, I ran the sprinters' workout because the other coaches were out of town. They did a good job considering they had to do the workout in Shroyer Gym. Not up to much the rest of the day. I changed Sierra's tires from regular tires to snow tires which took about an hour and wasn't too hard on my back. The rest of the day is gonna be for hanging out wither Rowan, Sierra, and the dogs. (10/85)

Weekly Summary
85 miles in 10 runs. This was an ok week and I made it through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment