Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 9th to 15th

Sunday:
Long run with MSU Team. I met the team at the turnout for Spanish Creek. We ran along the secondary road. We went out for an hour and almost made it to the trailhead. We did the back of the out and back run in 54 minutes. I felt ok on the run but was definitely a little low on energy. I didn't get much sleep last night which combined with yesterday's training left me a little tuckered. This run totaled about 16.5 miles I would guess. (16.5/16.5)

Monday:
My sister and niece were in town this morning! Rowan met his cousin for the first time! I ran in the evening after the sprinters' practice. The run totaled 9.5 miles. (9.5/26)

Tuesday:
Ran the workout with the MSU XC team. We did 3 times tempo miles with 60 seconds rest, 2 times 1k at race pace, with 3 minutes rest between the 2 1Ks, and 4 times 200 with 75 seconds rest. It was wet and soggy and the times were slow. (9/35)

Wednesday:
Ran 6.5 miles in the morning before flying out to Harrisburg, PA. I planned on running when getting to PA, but it was to late and I was too tired. (6.5/41.5)

Thursday:
I ran in the morning in Harrisburg and then in the afternoon during the course preview at Penn State. The Penn State course is really beautiful. A really great course although it is not spectator friendly. The team seemed pretty excited for the meet. (12.5/54)

Friday:
Today was a really unusual day of running. I woke and did a super short shake out with the team. Then I drove over to the Penn State Course and did a little workout on the course. I ran about 4.5 miles of the XC course. I ran about 5 flat for the first mile and then about 5:20 per mile for the next 3.5 miles. It seemed like I was picking the pace up at times, but it was so wet and soggy, it didn't show up in the times. I didn't run the whole course because I had to head over to meet Luke Watson, Brian Sell, and their friend for a run at 8am. I also probably ran 5-6 miles running around the course during the meet, but won't count that in the weekly mileage. It rained most of the day and it was pouring during the meet, especially during the women's race. (15/69)

Saturday:
Traveled back from Pennsylvania today. It was an early morning. When we arrived back I was pretty darn tired and just didn't feel like running. I should have headed out, but just didn't get it done. I really did not sleep well on the trip. I couldn't adjust to the time change. I didn't fall asleep any of the 3 nights before 1am and we were up by 5:30 at the latest each morning. It feels great to be home! (0/69)

Weekly Summary:
69 miles in 7 runs. This wasn't a great week of training and I really need to start getting more miles under my belt. I am going to begin doing more of my workouts on my own. I need more volume in the workouts and more volume in the training overall if I need to continue to improve my fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment