Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 4th to 10th

Sunday:
Long run up South Cottonwood Canyon with MSU XC team. It was fun running with a group and running on a great trail for the long run. I think this was the furthest I have ever run up Cottonwood. The total time was just under two hours and it must have been a little over 17 miles total. (17/17)

Monday:
Baby Weese born! Sierra had been experiencing contractions all day Sunday. They continued throughout the night and we headed over to the hospital at 11am. We thought we would just be heading over there for a check up and then would be headed back home, but they told us it was about gametime and that we should stay. The whole thing was quite an experience. Baby Weese was born at 7:08pm and was 7 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches long. I couldn't believe it when I saw him! People said right away he looked like me, but they are probably just saying that. All three of us spent the night in the hospital. No run for me today.

Tuesday:
As soon as I woke up in the hospital, I was ready for us to head home. Sierra was feeling ok all things considered. I wished we could have gone home sooner, but we had to stay in the hospital for 24 hours so they could do a test on little Baby Weese. I should have headed out for a short run, just to reduce the cabin fever. We were finally home a little after 8pm. It was great being at home with the new expanded family. The dogs didn't know what to think of the new addition. They were pretty interested in sniffing him, but were probably wondering when his own parents would come to pick him up!:) No running for me today.

Wednesday:
Ran about 5 miles in the morning and then reappeared at practice and ran with the team for about 8 miles. Also in the afternoon session: hurdle mobility, strides, and 40 yard flyin sprints. Spent the rest of the day at home getting to know baby a bit more. (13/30)

Thursday:
Morning practice at 6:15am with MSU cross country team. We did a 30 minute 30 second tempo with 30 seconds at mile pace at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30. Felt pretty good during tempo. Also did 5 times 200 at mile pace with 60 seconds to 90 seconds rest. (10/40)

Friday:
Easy Run 7 miles and hurdle mobility. (7/47)

Saturday:
Easy run 6 miles. I will be running the Bozeman Half Marathon tomorrow morning. We announced the name of our baby boy, Rowan Race Weese.(6/53)

Weekly Summary:
Although I didn't get much done as far as training goes this week, it was an incredible week. Sierra and I are so happy and have enjoyed being parents. We are incredibly lucky to have Sierra and Rowan healthy and feeling reasonably well. Didn't put too much into training this week, but ran 6 times for a total of 53 miles. What a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment