Thursday, July 19, 2012

June 17th to 23rd

Saturday
Woke up early and started driving from Missoula. We stopped in Coeur d'Alene and ran for 30-35 minutes. Stopped again for another 30-35 minute run in Hood River in the afternoon. Rowan did great on the trip and those were our only two stops. We decided to spend the night in Portland. (8/53)

Friday
Easy Run of maybe 6 - 7 miles. Drove to Missoula in the evening after Sierra got off or work to start our long road trip to Eugene. (6/45)

Thursday
Mix workout of 2 * mile at tempo, 2 * 1200 at roughly 5K pace, & 4 times 200 at rep pace. The track was being used for a Junior Olympic Meet so I did this workout on the trail system with a GPS watch. It was ok, except I didn't run the 1200s quite at the pace. However, I was more concerned at making sure I wasn't pressing too hard at this point. (8/39)

Wednesday
Easy run of 9 to 11 miles. (9/31)

Tuesday
Decided to go with a race simulation today because the steeple at the American Milers Series went poorly after a break from racing. In order to hopefully stay sharp, I decided on two times 1600 over 5 hurdles at steeple height each lap and a 10 minute break between at sea level steeple pace. It didn't go well, which continued a trend of mostly poor workouts over the past 4 to 6 weeks. I ran the first mile in 4:34 and knew there was no way I could do another one. So, I switched the second mile to 2 * 800 instead. I ran these in 2:18 and 2:17 or something. This workout worried me, but I put it out of my mind as quickly as possible. I think I ran 4 miles in the afternoon. (11/22)

Monday
Easy run of somewhere between 10 and 12 miles. (11/11)

Sunday
Did not run. I only was able to get about 2 hours sleep after the late night at the track meet and the super early airplane/car rental drop off. Couldn't sleep on the plane and spent most of the day traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment