Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 6th to 12th

Weekly Summary
This was quite a week, but all in all, things went well for the conference meet. Didn't get much sleep with the late runs and early mornings. Not exactly perfect preparation for a fast steeple this coming Friday, but there isn't much I can do about it now. Ran 58 miles in 6 runs.

Saturday
Not quite a long run, but a longer run. This was also a midnight run. Maybe 13 miles total. (13/58)

Friday
Easy run of about 11 miles. This was another midnight run, after the first full day of conference action. (11/45)

Thursday
The conference meet was delayed because of snow in the morning, so I headed out for a steady five mile tempo run mid morning. I didn't run really hard because of being tired and I still have a bad cough. (9/34)

Wednesday
Easy run at about midnight after the first day of multis at home conference meet. Very busy today and there are still 3 days to go. (9/25)

Tuesday
Tried a workout today. It did not go well. The workout was supposed to be 3 times a mile at 3k pace. I ran the first mile in 4:24 (about 4:18 with altitude adjustment). After the first mile, I started coughing like crazy and coughed the rest of the day and even coughed at night and couldn't sleep. I started the second mile, but quickly realized it wasn't going to happen. Not sure if I am sick or have allergies, but I am going to have to stay away from VO2 Max stuff for a bit. (7/16)

Monday
Did not run. Too busy getting things ready for conference meet (0/9)

Sunday
Easy run in Missoula before heading back to Bozeman. (9/9)

No comments:

Post a Comment