Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April 22nd to 28th

After a 3:45am wake up, 6am flight, layover in Denver, and drive to Bozeman, we arrived back at about 3:30pm. I was pretty tired and just went about 9 miles in the evening. (9/9)

Long run 16 miles. This run was a little more difficult because I went in the middle of the day and it was pretty hot, 80 degrees. Was still pretty tired and was pretty much totally spent by the end of the run today. (16/25)

Did a workout with Dan Jackson in the afternoon. The workout was 1200s. I really struggled on the 1200s, which was disappointing because I thought I could pull it together even though I was tired. I only did 4 1200s and they were not fast at 3:22, 3:26, 3:27, and 3:32. It was a little windy, but not bad. After the 1200s, I did a set of 300 cut downs with 1 minute rest. They actually went pretty well which was surprising 45, 42, 40. It was tough to have another poor Tuesday workout, even though this one was probably to be expected. After the race on this Sunday, I will get back into more consistent training after running a lot of races the past 3 to 4 weeks. (9/34)

Easy runs of 7 miles in the morning and 5 miles in afternoon. (12/46)

Finished some work up in the morning, so I did my workout with the MSU team in the afternoon. For the workout, I did 4 times a mile with 1 minute rest, 6*200 with 90 seconds rest, and then a 2 mile 'power run'. The tempo miles were all 5 flat or just below, the 200s were mostly 31, and the two mile power run started pretty slow and then picked up. My quarter splits were something like 84, 80, 76, 73, 72, 71, 71, 68. The end of the power run actually got to be pretty challenging with a real strong wind throughout which added to the difficulty. There was a little more volume in this workout than I really wanted to do, but I took it all pretty comfortable until the end of the power run. (11.5/57.5)

Easy runs of 7 miles in morning and 5 miles in afternoon. (12/69.5)

Cat-Griz Dual home meet today! Of course it snowed during the night and the weather was not great. I was up pretty early and shoveling snow by 7:30 followed by other meet preparation stuff. The meet went pretty smoothly. At about 2:30, Sierra, Rowan and left the meet a little early and headed to the airport to catch our 3:50 flight to Oakland and the Payton Jordan meet. We arrived at our motel late, I was exhausted, and I didn't think it was worth it at that point to head out on a run. This is the first time I haven't run at all the day before a meet, but I am not worried about it. (0/69.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment